Recommended CV Search: Show all CVs in Sri Lanka.
Office assistant, administration and HR
Location: Anywhere inUnited Kingdom
Organization: British - American Tobacco (BAT) of UK is a leading multinational company dealing with agriculture, manufacturing and marketing of cigarettes and other smoking products in over 100 countries worldwide.
Ceylon Tobacco Company which is a subsidiary of BAT, functions as a monopoly in Sri Lanka and is involved with domestic as well as export business operations dealing with tobacco and cigarettes. It is one of the topmost companies in the country.
Recruitment and Selection
Training need analysis
Prepare project proposals and evaluation reports
Prepare a cost benefit analysis
Evaluating the Insurance companies benefits and finds the best place
Provide leadership to over 100 employees
Evaluate the medical centre and check the personal and environmental hygiene
Participating audit discussions
CV Selection and Create a pool
Human Resources Development
Human Resources Information System
Developed and implemented customer feedback and response systems
Certificate of Achievement, Professional Development Program of Wilderness Challenge - Academy of Adventure, Belihuloya (2010).
That course demanded Team work, Leadership, Self confidence, Creativity with physically and psychologically challenging.
Training Programmes on the following and related topics were conducted by several professional trainers / training organizations
• Team building and Leadership skills
• Corporate planning
• Strategic Planning
• Marketing Management
• Distribution and Sales Management
• Financial Management (for non-finance managers)
• Human Resource Management
• Change Management
• ISO Quality Management System
• Total Quality Management
• Interviewing skills
• Negotiation skills
• Communication skills
• Holding productive meetings
• Industrial safety
• Computer Literacy
Active Committee Member of Association of Industrial Management Science Students (AIMSS) 2009/2010 of the University.
From this association we arrange guest lectures, work shops, Exhibitions and field visits to Pirimals glass company, MAS Holdings, Coca Cola Company, Diamond Match company etc.
Active Member of the University Maths Square.
Third Year Industrial Management Project at Wayamba University.
Developed Computerized Payroll System using Visual Basic.net (VB.net) for Diamond Match Company Kadugannawa.
Done Research for CCHRM – Recruitment and Selection process in Ceylon Biscuit Ltd.
Presentations on :
• Human Resource Problems faced by Ceylon Biscuit Ltd. (Human Resource Management)
• Small Entrepreneurs (Entrepreneur Dynamics)
• Marketing Research (Consumer Marketing)
• Marketing Research (International Marketing)
• Industrial Technology
Vice President of Association of Computing and Information Systems of the School.
Active Member of College Sinhala Literary Society.
Active Committee Member of College Science Student Association.
Member of Schools Netball, Volleyball and Hockey teams in school.
House Captain in Schools Sports meets.
Junior prefect in School.
• Fluent in English & Sinhala
I did English Announcing for the Industrial Management Day- 2009 and for the Production Workshop- 2010, organized by Wayamba University.
• Proficient in use of Computers and familiar with Programming Languages such as C programming, Visual Basic, C sharp
• Demonstrated capacity to work effectively in teams and consistently produced good results and service delivery, as evident through my work, i.e.; university projects, team sports and work experience.
• Demonstrated communication skills and enhanced awareness and insight of peoples form various forms of non-verbal communication. I would attribute these skills to my extensive sporting background and presentations to various lecturers/undergraduates. Also shown strong networking skills, having previously developed good relationships with fellow students and employees.
• Illustrated ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines as well as working as part of a team by effective problem solving skills obtained from completing complex projects and solving day to day problems encountered in one’s life and at work.
- Employment Status
- Full time
- Type of Salary
- Salary plus bonus
- Preferred Job Location
- Anywhere in United Kingdom
- Highest Qualification
- Bachelor's degree (Bsc Applied Sciences ( Major I : Industrial Management and Major II : Statistics)) from Wayamba University of Sri Lanka, Kuliyapitiya with 2 nd upper Marks / Grade / Class.
- Professional Experience
- 6 Months
- Languages known
- English (Expert)
- Additional Information
- Achini Gamagedara
Dear Sir/ Madam,
I am a Graduate (Pending results currently Second Class Upper) of BSC degree in Industrial Management and Statistics, ( degree will completed end of this year) specializing in Human Resource Management at Institute of Personnel Management (IPM).At the moment I am working at British American Tobacco Company as a HR trainee. Due to my choice of specialization; I have worked on several projects for the department of Industrial Management at the university. This has honed the theoretical knowledge that I received at the University. These projects and my work experiences helped me to improve leadership skills, interpersonal skills, and communication skills and learn how to deal with employees and also how to handle several issues that a HR manager may face while dealing with employees.
I wish to now implement the skills that I have learned in the real world. I want to prove to myself that I have truly been benefited by this education also by my training at British American Tobacco Company and I now search what better place to start. An opportunity to intern with foreign organization will help me further hone my skills and put the knowledge I have to practical purposes.
I believe obtaining an internship in reputed foreign organization will provide the necessary background for me to be to anticipate and react to ever-changing environments.
To further my career aspirations of becoming part of a management team, having this knowledge will allow me to better understand management principles. With all the uncertainty and changes in with world, political, economic, and technological, I believe that management must have a solid understanding, supported by a strong academic foundation, of how to guide companies through these challenging times.
No education is complete without experience. Armed with a solid understanding of academic principles, I can begin my career where I will add to my experience. Because I will be well versed in the theory and also working environment, I will be able to adapt and modify the constructs that I have gain as required in order to meet my company's needs.
So an employment with you is something I look forward to very keenly.
Thanking you for your time and consideration.
- Achini Gamagedara
- 28 Years
Statistics for this Gigajob Posting
- > 99 days ago
- Seen in Search Results
- This ad was matched 117 time(s) in Gigajob search results
- Page Viewed
- This ad was viewed 577 time(s) by Gigajob users