Help: FAQ for Employers
Answers to your questions about Gigajob
- Is Gigajob FREE to use even for employers?
- Yes, it is. You can use Gigajob without having to pay anything at all. At Gigajob basic ads are always free of charge. Additionally we are offering comfort and premium ads for a small fee. You can find the details in the Gigajob product list.
- Can I have as many free active ads in Gigajob as I want?
- Yes, you can. Right now we don't have any restrictions, as long as your ads comply with our rules.
Please read our rules for job ads!
- How long are my job offers active for?
- All Gigajob ads are active for 30 days. You can extend the run time of your ad at any time by clicking „My job offers“. For comfort and premium ads you will have to issue another payment, basic ads are always free of charge.
- Oops! Seems I have violated your rules and now my account is banned. What can I do to get reconsidered?
- Sorry, banning is permanent. Better stick to the rules.
- I have so many ads that I would like to publish on Gigajob. Do you offer any method for mass upload?
- Sorry, not at this time.
- I'm new to Gigajob—how can I register for free?
- Simply click “Register” in the bar on the top right corner of the page, fill in the form and submit. You will receive an email with a confirmation link to click—and you're registered.
- How does Gigajob work for employers?
- After completing your free registration, post all your ads for free. Interested users will be able to find your ads quickly and easily on Gigajob.
- How do I find job seeker profiles (CV)?
- First switch to "Find CVs" mode. Job seeker profiles can be found with the search functions on the top of the start page. Type the job you're offering into “What?” and the place in “Where?”. Hit the "Find CVs" button and you'll get a results list with all resumes appropriate to your search.
- How do I get in contact with an applicant?
- Send a Contact Request:
Let the job seeker know that you are interested in their profile. Send the job poster a Contact Request via the button “Contact Now”. This will invite the job seeker to have a look at your job opening.
- How they view it
Your contact request will be sent to the job seeker. They can then accept or decline your request. This step is taken by Gigajob to protect the candidate's and the job poster's identity at an early stage.
- When your request is accepted
Once the job seeker has accepted your Contact Request, you will be notified by Gigajob and asked, if you would like to share your contact details. Once you agree, the job seeker will be informed and contact data will be made available for both parties. You can now continue with the application process directly with the job seeker.
- Send a Contact Request:
- How do I find suitable candidates faster?
- You didn't immediately find the right CVs? New ads are being published in Gigajob all the time. We can instantly send you an email whenever somebody posts a CV that matches your search profile. On all Gigajob search result pages you'll find a link called “Create Email Alert” in the right column. One click on that link — and your search is saved. We'll send you the latest CVs on a constant basis. This service is free and can be canceled at any time with just one click.
- Free Email Alerts
- You didn't immediately find the right offer? New ads are being published in Gigajob all the time. We can instantly send you an email whenever somebody posts an offer that matches your search profile. On all Gigajob search results pages you'll find a link called “Create Email Alert” in the right column. One click on that link — and your search is saved. We'll send you the latest jobs and resumes on a constant basis. This service is free and can be canceled at any time with just one click.
- What's my password again?
- Please click “Sign in” (or "Register") at the top right of the page and follow the link "Forgot your Gigajob Password?" Then enter your email address and click “Submit”. You will receive an email with a password-reset link, which you can click to enter a new password.
Important: The password-reset link is only valid for 2 hours. If the deadline passes, you will have to have a new email sent.
- The password-reset email I requested didn't come. What can I do?
- Repeat the same process to be certain it worked: Please click “Sign in” (or "Register") at the top right of the page again and follow the link "Forgot your Gigajob Password?" Then enter your email address and hit the “Submit” button. Please make sure your email address is typo-free. You should receive the email with the password-reset link. It's also possible that the email is in your spam folder. Please check the folder, adjust your settings accordingly, or enter another email address in the field.
- How can I change my access data (password/email address)?
- You must be logged in to change any data. When you are logged in, you see your email address in the black bar at the top right corner of every Gigajob page. Click on your email address there to see a pull down menu offering access to “My Settings”. This will take you to a page where you can change your password or email address.
- How can I de-register from Gigajob?
- You must be logged in to do that. Click on your email address in the black bar at the top right corner of any Gigajob page. Select “My Settings” from the pull down menu. There you'll find the link to “Cancel Gigajob Membership Permanently”.
Note: You cannot login again after you cancel your Gigajob membership. Your data and ads will be permanently deleted.
- ... I didn't find the answer to my question.
- Send us a message. The Gigajob team is here to help.
- ... I found a mistake.
- We're always working on Gigajob and looking to improve our website. We appreciate any tips you have.
- ... I have a suggestion for an improvement.
- We already have a long To Do list, but naturally we're happy to know that our users are thinking about and helping us to make Gigajob even better! Send us your suggestion.